Monday 18 November 2013

Research: Finding and Downloading the EE Font

In order to create an advert for EE, it's a good idea to not only conform to their housestyle, but also use the same font which they're known for using. Since their font isn't a system font, nor is it on font sites such as dafont.com, 1001freefonts.net, I will have to get the font from the CSS file.

Firebug is an easy to use Firefox add on which helps you sieve through the HTML and CSS to find and edit whatever you want to.

Before I began I did have some slight inklings that the font used on the EE website would be a regular font with CSS used to modify the fonts appearance. If this had been the case, this would mean that I wouldn't be able to download the font. I would instead have to use the CSS code given, type in the text I want, turn it into a PNG with a transparent background and import it.

Upon inspecting the code, I have found that this is not the case, and it is indeed a downloadable font.

These are the steps I took to retrieve the EE font from their website:

Step 1: Select the font with the inspect tool

Step 2: Copy the H2 class name


Step 3: Go to the CSS tab and paste heading1 into the search. Copy the name of the font.

Step 4: Paste EENobblesRegular in the search bar. Copy the path of the font and paste it after http://ee.co.uk/

 My ending result.

http://ee.co.uk/common/ee-fonts/ee_nobblee_regularwebfont.ttf (lasted accessed 18/11/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment